Man, I Hate Abortion!


This week I was asked several questions about abortion (here's why) with one in particular focusing on the question of a mothers safety. Here is a compilation of those answers.

Let me address a few things about this issue.

1. The term abortion. It comes from the word abort, which means:

a. to carry out or undergo the abortion of (a fetus).

synonyms:terminate, end;

have an abortion

"I decided not to abort the pregnancy"

b. bring to a premature end because of a problem or fault.

"the pilot aborted his landing"

synonyms:halt, stop, end, call off, cut short, discontinue, terminate, arrest, suspend, check, nullify; More

The first question we must ask is what are we aborting?

Answer: A human being.

As pro-life-ers we believe, regardless of the developmental stage, all the way down to the zygote, that we are dealing with a human being. Anyone who argues that a particular stage of development is what determines "human-ness" and therefore the validity of taking life, has a philosophical and moral mountain to overcome. For their same logic must apply to people born with developmental handicaps.

BTW even major pro-choice advocates scientific and otherwise agree that abortion is the termination of "human life." I'll post a link at the bottom for a web site where you can find out more.

So point one is that we're dealing with a human being. Therefore to abort is to terminate, which is to kill. People like to play games with this wording, but it's just intellectual dishonesty.

Notice two things about the definition above:

A. The example given is in the positive. "I decided NOT to abort..." In a culture that is purported to openly accept this hideous practice, why would a dictionary need to try and put a positive spin on the definition? Why not plainly say, "I decided TO abort my child"? Answer: Because people instinctively know that abortion is wrong.

B. Notice what the example chose "not" to abort? "I decided not to abort the PREGNANCY" Pregnancy is a condition. You don't terminate a condition. You terminate life.

Even down to the dictionary definition we have blatant dishonesty trying to fool people.

2. Second, the standard objections. A. rape and B. the life and safety of the mother.

A. Rape: Ok, so this is heinous in its own right, but let's think about it for a minute or two. The scripture reveals that,

"The soul who sins is the one who will die. A son will not bear the iniquity of the father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him." - Ezekiel 18:20

So if God won't make a child pay (for the manifest sin of the 'father') why should we? Also, how would killing an innocent human being reverse this horrible violation? Answer: It can't. So why kill the baby? Some will say that it will remind the woman of this horrible chapter of her life. And although this is true 1. There is adoption and 2. that's not the babies fault. So this becomes a hard issue but it is not answered by abortion.

B. The life and safety of a mother: The best argument I've heard goes something like this: This is NOT "abortion." I know it sounds like a cop-out, but it's not and here's why. In this case, the main objective is preserving life (the mother) not taking it.

With over 60 million abortions perpetrated since Roe v. Wade statistics show that less than 1%, read that again, LESS THAN 1% are performed to save the life of the mother. This is not an abortion issue this is a life-saving attempt. I'm sure the women who've been a part of this less than 1% statistic would be appalled to be lumped in with the other 99%.

I'll end with this quote from Christian Apologist Greg Koukl,

“If the unborn are not human, no justification for elective abortion is necessary. But if the unborn are human, no justification for elective abortion is adequate.”

Here's the site I mentioned above:

https://prolifetraining.com/

and

https://prolifetraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/FiveMinute1.pdf

#abortion #roevwade #piercepointcommunitychurch #ppcc #NathanFranckhauser

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square